As part of World Water Day 2019 which is celebrated every March 22, and with this year's theme "Leaving no one behind" - The British Embassy Manila Department of International Trade and Industry in partnership with the SCPW will hold a roundtable discussion on a crucial sector in the country - water.
National Wetlands Action Plan This National Wetlands Action Plan for the Philippines is the guiding document for the Philippines to promote and implement strategies and actions for the conservation and wise use of its wetlands, incorporating urgent concerns such as
The Youth remains one of the most important wetland stakeholders. They embody idealism and the future. They will be the country’s future leaders. Targeting the youth as the focus of intervention is a long-term investment but is very strategic. They
February 2 of every year, the Society for the Conservation of Philippine Wetlands, Inc. (SCPW) celebrates with the entire planet the World Wetlands Day. It marks the date of the signing of the Convention on Wetlands on 02 February 1971 in
Be part of saving our country's wetlands!
Join the Society and help us promote and ensure the wisest use of our wetlands
Events in Focus
Roundtable Discussion on the Philippines Water Sector: Gaps and Opportunities 20 March 2019 | Joy Nostalg Hotel Manila, ADB Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City In line with the observance of World Water Day (WWD) which is celebrated on theRead more
- SCPW conducts Wetlands BioBlitz for Mabitac River in celebration of International Day for Biological Diversity
- In loving memory of Dr. Lew Young
- Partnership, technology, and social awareness as key isssues in the the Philippine Water Sector
- UK DIT in partnership with the SCPW & PWP will host a roundtable discussion on the Philippines Water Sector
- Breaking ground for the Wetland Centre Strata at the Las Piñas Parañaque Wetland Park
- World Wetlands Day with the Media at the Wetlands of Candaba
- ACB Rivers: Wetlands BioBlitz at the Lumban-Pagsanjan River
- SCPW Celebrates World Wetlands Day 2019 at Candaba Wetlands
- The Ramsar Regional Center – East Asia releases Rapid Assessment for Wetland Ecosystem Services Resources
- Senator Cynthia Villar is recognised for her contribution to the Campaign against Illegal, Unreported, and Unregulated Fishing
- A Journey with Migratory Birds: A Learning Event for the Youth
- SCPW hosts EAAFP – CEPA* Working Group Workshop on Migratory Birds and Flyway Sites
- SCPW attends the Waterlinks Forum 2018
- SCPW participates in the Transitions in Urban Waterfronts working group at the APRU Sustainable Cities and Landscapes Conference 2018 (HK)
- SCPW participates at the first-ever Explorer Encounters
- Battling pollution in the Philippines’ largest lake
- SCPW attends the LP4Y Green Village Blessing and Launching
- Message of Sen. Cynthia A. Villar on the 20th Anniversary of the SCPW
- SCPW was at the Training/Workshop on Sustainable Tourism and Forest Management in the Asia-Pacific Region at Jeju
- Unilever Philippines Recognized as World Water Day Awardee
Amazing Earth: Wetlands prevent floods
Message of Sen. Cynthia A. Villar on the 20th Anniversary of the SCPW
What are Wetlands?
Wetland Stories on Facebook
The 25th Anniversary of the World Day to Combat Desertification and Drought was celebrated on 17 June 2019! . ⛔️ Stop LAND degradation. ✅ Restore and protect wetLANDS; the foundation of all life to achieve sustainable development for all. . Learn..
Active, Clean and Bountiful Rivers: The Wetlands BioBlitz Team Water Quality/Hydrology measuring Nitrate level of the water sample from the Mabitac River.
Now happening – Active, Clean, and Bountiful (ACB) Rivers: The Wetlands BioBlitz for Mabitac River Field Work Activity for second day. The participants were divided into seven (7) groups to identify the Flora, Fauna, Hydrology, Water Quality, Aquatic..
The Society is engaged in activities that promote the wise use and conservation of Philippine Wetlands. For the past year we have been working throughout the Philippines in increasing the awareness of the benefits healthy wetlands have on people's health, livelihood, and even disaster resiliency. Explore our recent projects on the right and get to know our work!