A unique opportunity to learn about migratory birds and observe them in their natural habitat and plan actions on how to help protect them. The event is co-organized by the National Geographic – Asia and the East Asian Australasian Flyway (EAAF) Partnership Secretariat.
National Wetlands Action Plan This National Wetlands Action Plan for the Philippines is the guiding document for the Philippines to promote and implement strategies and actions for the conservation and wise use of its wetlands, incorporating urgent concerns such as
The Youth remains one of the most important wetland stakeholders. They embody idealism and the future. They will be the country’s future leaders. Targeting the youth as the focus of intervention is a long-term investment but is very strategic. They
February 2 of every year, the Society for the Conservation of Philippine Wetlands, Inc. (SCPW) celebrates with the entire planet the World Wetlands Day. It marks the date of the signing of the Convention on Wetlands on 02 February 1971 in
Be part of saving our country's wetlands!
Join the Society and help us promote and ensure the wisest use of our wetlands
Events in Focus
The nexus of floodplain management, flood hazard mitigation, and wetland management providesan opportunity for efficient and integrated approaches toward environmentalconservation and protection of wetlands and the sound development of humansettlements in areas at risk to flood hazards. Floods are the mostRead more
- A Journey with Migratory Birds: A Learning Event for the Youth
- SCPW hosts EAAFP – CEPA* Working Group Workshop on Migratory Birds and Flyway Sites
- SCPW attends the Waterlinks Forum 2018
- SCPW participates in the Transitions in Urban Waterfronts working group at the APRU Sustainable Cities and Landscapes Conference 2018 (HK)
- SCPW participates at the first-ever Explorer Encounters
- Battling pollution in the Philippines’ largest lake
- SCPW attends the LP4Y Green Village Blessing and Launching
- Message of Sen. Cynthia A. Villar on the 20th Anniversary of the SCPW
- SCPW was at the Training/Workshop on Sustainable Tourism and Forest Management in the Asia-Pacific Region at Jeju
- Unilever Philippines Recognized as World Water Day Awardee
- SCPW was at Villar SIPAG’s celebration of World Wetlands Day
- SCPW was at the Asian Wetlands Symposium 2017 at Saga City, Japan
- SCPW attends 6th Wetland Link International – Asia Conference in Saga City, Japan
- CMS COP 12 delegates visit Las Piñas – Parañaque Wetland Park at LPPCHEA
- Workshop on sustainable management of seven Ramsar Sites in Philippines
- SCPW was at MRLSD-sponsored Study Tour in Nanchang City, China
- SCPW was at Agusan Marsh Wildlife Sanctuary (AMWS) Introductory CEPA Workshop
- Ground-breaking Ceremony at LPPCHEA
- Celebrating World Water Day 2017
- Celebrating World Wetlands Day – Coastal Clean-Up and Nature Exposure Walk at LPPCHEA
Amazing Earth: Wetlands prevent floods
Message of Sen. Cynthia A. Villar on the 20th Anniversary of the SCPW
What are Wetlands?
Wetland Stories on Facebook
Forum on Wetlands and Flood Management – Aims to set the stage for a more in-depth understanding and discussion on wetlands and flood management. – Happening on 14 December 2018 at Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria in Ortigas Center, Quezon City.
Journey with Migratory Birds: A Learning Event for the Youth – exposure trip to LPPCHEA
CLEAR Youth Ecological Camp – Victoria
The Society is engaged in activities that promote the wise use and conservation of Philippine Wetlands. For the past year we have been working throughout the Philippines in increasing the awareness of the benefits healthy wetlands have on people's health, livelihood, and even disaster resiliency. Explore our recent projects on the right and get to know our work!