The project employs transparent, inclusive, multi-sectoral and participatory approaches and focuses on the youth as the direct beneficiaries, with latent beneficiaries extending to the families, schools, and the local government units.
National Wetlands Action Plan This National Wetlands Action Plan for the Philippines is the guiding document for the Philippines to promote and implement strategies and actions for the conservation and wise use of its wetlands, incorporating urgent concerns such as
The Youth remains one of the most important wetland stakeholders. They embody idealism and the future. They will be the country’s future leaders. Targeting the youth as the focus of intervention is a long-term investment but is very strategic. They
February 2 of every year, the Society for the Conservation of Philippine Wetlands, Inc. (SCPW) celebrates with the entire planet the World Wetlands Day. It marks the date of the signing of the Convention on Wetlands on 02 February 1971 in
Be part of saving our country's wetlands!
Join the Society and help us promote and ensure the wisest use of our wetlands
- SCPW was at the Asian Wetlands Symposium 2017 at Saga City, Japan
- SCPW attends 6th Wetland Link International – Asia Conference in Saga City, Japan
- CMS COP 12 delegates visit Las Piñas – Parañaque Wetland Park at LPPCHEA
- SCPW was at MRLSD-sponsored Study Tour in Nanchang City, China
- SCPW was at Agusan Marsh Wildlife Sanctuary (AMWS) Introductory CEPA Workshop
- Ground-breaking Ceremony at LPPCHEA
- Celebrating World Water Day 2017
- Celebrating World Wetlands Day – Coastal Clean-Up and Nature Exposure Walk at LPPCHEA
- Celebrating World Wetlands Day – Exhibit at the House Senate on Wonders of Philippine Wetlands
- Celebrating World Wetlands Day – Youth Ecological Camp in Talisay
- SCPW was at the 1st Sustainable Leadership Journey in South Africa
- Learning Event on Mainstreaming Ecosystem-based Approaches to Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Adaptation (Eco-DRR and EbA) through the Conservation and Management of Selected Critical Inland Wetlands
- Celebrating Mangrove Action Day at LPPCHEA
- Celebrating Earth Day at Mt. Arayat: Lazada Cares for our Wetlands
- Celebrating Earth Day at LPPCHEA
What are Wetlands?
Reminiscing the 10th Living Lakes Network Conference
Recent Facebook Posts
Celebrating World Wetlands Day 2018 at Barangay Santa Lucia in Quezon City – Educational Outreach Activity with the theme “Wetlands for a Sustainable Urban Future – Making Cities Liveable”. It was participated by local organizations, community leaders..
Celebrating World Wetlands Day 2018 at Barangay San Bartolome in Quezon City – Educational Outreach Activity with the theme “Wetlands for a Sustainable Urban Future – Making Cities Liveable”. It was participated by local organizations, community..
The Society is engaged in activities that promote the wise use and conservation of Philippine Wetlands. For the past year we have been working throughout the Philippines in increasing the awareness of the benefits healthy wetlands have on people's health, livelihood, and even disaster resiliency. Explore our recent projects on the right and get to know our work!