The project employs transparent, inclusive, multi-sectoral and participatory approaches and focuses on the youth as the direct beneficiaries, with latent beneficiaries extending to the families, schools, and the local government units.
National Wetlands Action Plan This National Wetlands Action Plan for the Philippines is the guiding document for the Philippines to promote and implement strategies and actions for the conservation and wise use of its wetlands, incorporating urgent concerns such as
The Youth remains one of the most important wetland stakeholders. They embody idealism and the future. They will be the country’s future leaders. Targeting the youth as the focus of intervention is a long-term investment but is very strategic. They
February 2 of every year, the Society for the Conservation of Philippine Wetlands, Inc. (SCPW) celebrates with the entire planet the World Wetlands Day. It marks the date of the signing of the Convention on Wetlands on 02 February 1971 in
Be part of saving our country's wetlands!
Join the Society and help us promote and ensure the wisest use of our wetlands
- SCPW participates in the Transitions in Urban Waterfronts working group at the APRU Sustainable Cities and Landscapes Conference 2018 (HK)
- SCPW participates at the first-ever Explorer Encounters
- Battling pollution in the Philippines’ largest lake
- SCPW attends the LP4Y Green Village Blessing and Launching
- Message of Sen. Cynthia A. Villar on the 20th Anniversary of the SCPW
- SCPW was at the Training/Workshop on Sustainable Tourism and Forest Management in the Asia-Pacific Region at Jeju
- Unilever Philippines Recognized as World Water Day Awardee
- SCPW was at Villar SIPAG’s celebration of World Wetlands Day
- SCPW was at the Asian Wetlands Symposium 2017 at Saga City, Japan
- SCPW attends 6th Wetland Link International – Asia Conference in Saga City, Japan
- CMS COP 12 delegates visit Las Piñas – Parañaque Wetland Park at LPPCHEA
- Workshop on sustainable management of seven Ramsar Sites in Philippines
- SCPW was at MRLSD-sponsored Study Tour in Nanchang City, China
- SCPW was at Agusan Marsh Wildlife Sanctuary (AMWS) Introductory CEPA Workshop
- Ground-breaking Ceremony at LPPCHEA
- Celebrating World Water Day 2017
- Celebrating World Wetlands Day – Coastal Clean-Up and Nature Exposure Walk at LPPCHEA
- Celebrating World Wetlands Day – Exhibit at the House Senate on Wonders of Philippine Wetlands
- Celebrating World Wetlands Day – Youth Ecological Camp in Talisay
- SCPW was at the 1st Sustainable Leadership Journey in South Africa
Message of Sen. Cynthia A. Villar on the 20th Anniversary of the SCPW
What are Wetlands?
Wetland Stories on Facebook
The Wageningen Centre for Development Innovation (Netherlands) is once again offering their annual training course on “Wetlands, integrated water resources management and food security – Promoting the value of wetlands for conservation, food security..
International Mangroves Day – Mangroves are a unique ecosystems on the boundary between land and sea. They ensure food security for local communities, provide forest products and sustain fisheries. Mangroves are an important factor for the protection..
In Organised Session 6 of the International Conference on Human Settlements Planning and Development on 23 July 2018 at the AIM Conference Center in Makati City, the SCPW presented projects and research conducted in urban wetlands pioneering action and..
The SCPW was at the first International Conference on Human Settlements Planning and Development (ICHSPD) at the AIM Conference Center in Makati City on 23-25 July 2018. The conference focused on efforts and practices of academic and research institutions,..
The Society is engaged in activities that promote the wise use and conservation of Philippine Wetlands. For the past year we have been working throughout the Philippines in increasing the awareness of the benefits healthy wetlands have on people's health, livelihood, and even disaster resiliency. Explore our recent projects on the right and get to know our work!