The BioBlitz concept - a collaborative race against the clock to discover as many species of plants, animals and fungi as possible, within a set location, over a defined time period - is adapted by the SCPW for wetlands ecosystems. The Wetland Bioblitz include Rapid Assessment on Wetland Ecosystems Services (RAWES), data on water quality, hydrology, fauna or avifauna, fauna, and flora.
National Wetlands Action Plan This National Wetlands Action Plan for the Philippines is the guiding document for the Philippines to promote and implement strategies and actions for the conservation and wise use of its wetlands, incorporating urgent concerns such as
The Youth remains one of the most important wetland stakeholders. They embody idealism and the future. They will be the country’s future leaders. Targeting the youth as the focus of intervention is a long-term investment but is very strategic. They
February 2 of every year, the Society for the Conservation of Philippine Wetlands, Inc. (SCPW) celebrates with the entire planet the World Wetlands Day. It marks the date of the signing of the Convention on Wetlands on 02 February 1971 in
Be part of saving our country's wetlands!
Join the Society and help us promote and ensure the wisest use of our wetlands
Events in Focus
The Agricultural Wetlands and Migratory Birds Living in Harmony The SCPW had been working with farmers in a 135-hectare rice farm in Candaba, Pampanga which is part of the approximately 32,000 hectares of wetlands straddling three provinces (Bulacan, Pampanga andRead more
- Inaugural Issue of SCPW Newsletter – Philippine Wetlands is out!
- Featured on Business Mirror: PHL kids learn about migratory birds, endemic duck in a new children’s book
- SCPW’s Storytelling Sessions at the LPPWP featured on the RRC-EA Webzine
- SCPW attends Wetland Link International Conference in Taipei, featured on RRC-EA Webzine
- The SCPW’s agricultural wetlands project featured by the Ramsar Regional Center East Asia
- SCPW celebrates Earth Day 2020
- The SCPW assists the ADMU Environmental Management Students in a learning visit to the LPPWP
- Various Groups Gather for the Zero Waste Month
- World Wetlands Day 2020, Wetland Biodiversity: Why It matters
- Workshop on Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development
- The SCPW attends the 7th Wetland Link International Conference in Taipei
- SCPW celebrates World Migratory Bird Day and Urban October
- SCPW participates in the 2nd EAAF R&D Congress
- EAAF Waterbirds Photo Contest 2019
- Director Lecciones represents the SCPW at the 2019 SWS-Asia Chapter and KWS Joint Meeting
- SCPW at the 2nd Tayabas River Summit
- Presentation of Draft Tourism Master Development Plan at Bacnotan, La Union
- SCPW conducts Wetlands BioBlitz for Mabitac River in celebration of International Day for Biological Diversity
- SCPW participates in the 15th International Living Lakes Network Conference on Lakes and Wetlands
- The SCPW joins the San Beda Alabang Environmental Law Society and Bedan Biodiversity Conservation Society for a coastal cleanup drive at the LPPCHEA
Amazing Earth: Wetlands prevent floods
Message of Sen. Cynthia A. Villar on the 20th Anniversary of the SCPW
What are Wetlands?
Wetland Stories on Facebook
The Society is engaged in activities that promote the wise use and conservation of Philippine Wetlands. For the past year we have been working throughout the Philippines in increasing the awareness of the benefits healthy wetlands have on people's health, livelihood, and even disaster resiliency. Explore our recent projects on the right and get to know our work!