The BioBlitz concept - a collaborative race against the clock to discover as many species of plants, animals and fungi as possible, within a set location, over a defined time period - is adapted by the SCPW for wetlands ecosystems. The Wetland Bioblitz include Rapid Assessment on Wetland Ecosystems Services (RAWES), data on water quality, hydrology, fauna or avifauna, fauna, and flora.
National Wetlands Action Plan
National Wetlands Action Plan This National Wetlands Action Plan for the Philippines is the guiding document for the Philippines to promote and implement strategies and actions for the conservation and wise use of its wetlands, incorporating urgent concerns such as
Youth Stewards for Wetlands
The Youth remains one of the most important wetland stakeholders. They embody idealism and the future. They will be the country’s future leaders. Targeting the youth as the focus of intervention is a long-term investment but is very strategic. They
World Wetlands Day Celebrations
February 2 of every year, the Society for the Conservation of Philippine Wetlands, Inc. (SCPW) celebrates with the entire planet the World Wetlands Day. It marks the date of the signing of the Convention on Wetlands on 02 February 1971 in
Be part of saving our country's wetlands!
Join the Society and help us promote and ensure the wisest use of our wetlands
Events in Focus
World Wetlands Day 2023
It’s time for wetland restoration The SCPW celebrates World Wetlands Day every 2nd of February to raise awareness about wetlands. This day also marks the anniversary of the Convention on Wetlands, which was adopted as an international treaty in 1971.Read more
Active, Clean and Bountiful Rivers: The Wetlands BioBlitz Program
The Philippines is home to various types of wetlands. As an archipelagic nation with 36,289 square kilometres of coastline and about 749,917 hectares of inland wetlands alone – wetlands provide food, recreation, and livelihood to a large portion of FilipinosRead more
- SCPW conducts Training of Trainers for “The Wetlands BioBlitz – A Citizen Science Activity”
- Paligui Wetland Center, soon to rise!
- Living Lakes Biodiversity and Climate Project – Stakeholders and Partners Forum
- DENR – NCR awards Plaque of Recognition to SCPW for its contribution to the region’s conservation goals
- WWD 2023: Living Lakes Biodiversity and Climate Project
- SCPW introduces Living Lakes Biodiversity and Climate Project for Pangil, Laguna stakeholders
- Meeting with the stakeholders from Paligui Wetlands, Candaba, Pampanga for the “Living Lakes, Biodiversity, and Climate Project”
- SCPW Wetland Link International (WLI) Study Visit Grant Project to Sungei Buloh (Singapore)
- The SCPW, in partnership with DENR – NCR and Las Piñas-Parañaque Wetland Park, hosted the 8th Wetland Link International (WLI) – Asia Conference
- SCPW supports Youth Think Tank Competition for East Asian-Australasian Flyway
- SCPW conducts field test of the “Wetland Ecosystem Restoration Toolkit” in Paligui Wetlands
- SCPW Celebrated International Day for Biodiversity with Members of IIEE
- SCPW celebrated International Day for Biodiversity at LPPWP
- SCPW conducts Training- Workshop on the Development of CEPA Action Plan for Wetlands
- SCPW celebrates World Wetlands Day 2022
- SCPW’s Children’s Storybook Featured at the Virtual Symposium on Wetland Conservation in the ASEAN Region
- SCPW was with DENR-CALABARZON at the World Wetlands Day 2022 Webinar
- Acting for Wetlands: Challenges and Opportunities, a virtual event for World Wetlands Day 2022 by the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands Secretariat
- SCPW at the International Wetlands Conference 2021
- Wetland Restoration thru Circular Economy….Celebrating Earth Day 2021
Living Lakes Biodiversity and Climate Project
Amazing Earth: Wetlands prevent floods
Message of Sen. Cynthia A. Villar on the 20th Anniversary of the SCPW
What are Wetlands?
Wetland Stories on Facebook
The Society is engaged in activities that promote the wise use and conservation of Philippine Wetlands. For the past year we have been working throughout the Philippines in increasing the awareness of the benefits healthy wetlands have on people's health, livelihood, and even disaster resiliency. Explore our recent projects on the right and get to know our work!