- This event has passed.
“Click It, Sketch It: An Adventure with Migratory Birds”
October 12 @ 7:00 am - 11:00 am PST
Date: 12 October 2019 (World Migratory Bird Day)
Venue: Las Piñas – Parañaque Wetland Park (LPPCHEA)
Participants: Amateur and professional nature photographers, fine arts students, and grade school kids
Coordinator: Ms Amy M. Lecciones, Executive Director, Society for the Conservation of Philippine Wetlands, Inc. (SCPW)
Implementing Organization: Society for the Conservation of Philippine Wetlands, Inc.
In line with this year’s theme for World Migratory Bird Day (Protect Birds: Be the Solution to Plastic Pollution) and the EAAFP theme for 2019-2020 (Flyways – Connecting People and Migratory Waterbirds), the SCPW will conduct an activity for nature and wildlife photographers, graphic arts students and grade-schoolers in the local community to come together for a learning event that will revolve around the importance of migratory birds, the threats posed by plastic pollution to their very existence and what they can do to help protect this wildlife and their habitats. The participants for this activity are those sectors with the potential to translate these images to communication materials that can help promote the protection of these migratory birds as well as wetland conservation.
- The learning event will employ approaches and methods that will include the following activities:
- Storytelling session for the kids on migratory birds and plastic pollution;
- Seminar on migratory birds and plastic pollution for the photographers and fine arts students;
- Wetland Walk and Bird-watching activity;
- Photography and Sketching workshop; and
- Online exhibit of photos and sketches
For more information on costs to join this event please contact: Caloy or Darry at (+632) 6372409.