- This event has passed.
Acting for Wetlands: Challenges and Opportunities
January 31, 2022 @ 10:00 pm - 11:30 pm UTC+8
The Secretariat of the Ramsar Convention on Wetlands is pleased to invite you to a virtual event, organized for World Wetlands Day 2022 on Monday, 31 January 2022 from 15.00 to 16.15 CET (22.00 – 23.15 PST).
Marking the first United Nations World Wetlands Day, this interactive panel discussion will explore critical actions we must take to conserve wetlands and protect their vital services for human and planetary health. The panel will explore priority actions for wetlands nationally and internationally, including new partnerships, investments and actions for sustainable use, and the management and restoration of wetlands.
Moderator: Ms. Martha Rojas Urrego, Secretary General, Convention on Wetlands
- Ms. Cynthia Barzuna, Vice minister of Water and Coast,Ministry of Environment of Costa Rica
- Mr. Onno Van Den Heuvel, Global Manager, Biodiversity Finance Initiative UN Development Programme
- Mr. Olivier Mushiete, , Directeur General, Institut Congolais pour la Conservation de la Nature (ICCN)
- Dr. Lisa Maria Rebelo, Principal Researcher, International Water Management Institute and Vice-Chair, Scientific and Technical Review Panel, Convention on Wetlands.
- H.E. Tom Woodroffe, UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Ambassador, Permanent Mission of the United Kingdom to the United Nations
- Ms. Patricia Zurita, Chief Executive Officer, Birdlife International
Connect to the YouTube Live Event: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQSxh7pnlIE